This easy mango cucumber salsa is so irresistibly fresh, sweet, and tasty. Made with only 6 fresh ingredients, it only takes a few minutes to prepare and gives the perfect tropical and fresh touch to your summer meals.
I use the same fresh ingredients for my tropical coconut milk ceviche, and it is always a crowd pleaser!
- Why you will love this tangy cucumber mango salsa!
- Salsa ingredients
- Substitutions and variations
- How to make this healthy mango cucumber salsa
- What goes well with this mango cucumber salsa
- How to store this mango salsa
- Top tips!!
- Mango salsa FAQ's
- More healthy recipes you will love
- Love this recipe? Let's stay connected!
- Easy Mango Cucumber Salsa Recipe (Fresh & Delicious)
- See what other people think about this recipe!
Why you will love this tangy cucumber mango salsa!
We are in the middle of mango season here in Australia and I can't get enough of eating mangoes, they are so delicious and sweet. This simple salsa is my favourite summer salsa and for a bunch of good reasons!
Half the ingredient list is mango, isn't that enough reason to love it?
Only 6 ingredients are required, plus it's super simple to prepare! The combination of sweet mango and crunchy cucumbers is the best!
Refreshing salsa is the perfect addition to your meals on hot summer days.
Fresh and colourful, gives the perfect tropical touch to your summer meals.
- Fresh mango (make sure to use a firm mango)
- Cucumber (I use Lebanese cucumber, but English cucumber works too)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Purple onion
- Fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions and variations
- Jalapeño pepper - is a great addition for some spicy flavor
- Lemon juice - instead of lime juice
How to make this healthy mango cucumber salsa
Cut the mango, cucumber, and purple onion into small cubes. Chop the cherry tomatoes into small pieces, and chop the coriander. Transfer all the ingredients to a bowl, and add a pinch of salt and lime juice. Combine well and enjoy! Serve cold.
Tip: remove the cucumber seeds if needed! I usually use Lebanese cucumber which has great taste and barely has seeds.
What goes well with this mango cucumber salsa
- Perfect topping for tacos - like these easy jackfruit tacos, these beef brisket tacos, or these pulled pork tacos.
- This fruit salsa is the ultimate dip to have with Mexican tortillas and guacamole
- Grilled salmon and chicken breast
- Veggie fritters - like these vegan broccoli fritters or these zucchini potato fritters.
All you need is...
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife - make sure you have a very sharp knife, this will make the prep MUCH easier!
- Medium size bowl
How to store this mango salsa
You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. After 2-3 days you will notice how the mango starts getting a bit soggy though.
Use a firm mango! This is a must as otherwise, you won't be able to dice it into small mango pieces. Ripe mangoes won't work.
Cherry tomatoes are best, but you can use another type of tomatoes if you prefer. Just make sure they're pretty firm.
Mango salsa FAQ's
Mango salsa pairs great with grilled fish and meat (especially chicken breast). It also combines fantastic with veggie fritters, tacos and ceviche. Makes the ultimate dip for tortilla chips too!
For mango salsa, cut the mango in small cubes. Make sure you use a firm mango and a very sharp knife. Place your knife parallel with the wide surface of the pit, and cut. Repeat on the other side. Make parallel cuts close together in one direction and then the other. Cut through the depth of the flesh to get the small mango cubes.
More healthy recipes you will love
Love this recipe? Let's stay connected!
If you like this recipe please leave me a comment and start rating below, share it on Pinterest, tag me on Instagram, and follow me on socials! Instagram @bitesinthewild and Pinterest @bitesinthewild. This way you can stay up-to-date with my latest recipes and tips!Print
This easy mango cucumber salsa it's so irresistibly fresh, sweet, and tasty. Made with fresh ingredients, it only takes a few minutes to prepare and gives the perfect tropical touch to your summer meals.
1 firm mango (1 cup diced)
6 cherry tomatoes (⅔ cup diced)
½ cup of cucumber finely diced (seeds removed if necessary)
⅓ cup of purple onion diced
½ tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
Juice of ½ lime
Pinch of sea salt
- Finely dice the mango, cherry tomatoes, onion and cucumber, and chop the coriander.
- Add the diced ingredients to medium bowl, add a pinch of salt, cilantro and lime juice.
- Combine all the ingredients using a spoon and let it rest in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a firm mango as otherwise it will be very difficult to finely dice
- Make sure you use a sharp knife!
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container (preferred to consume within the first couple of days though, as after 2-3 days the mango will start to get soggy).
Keywords: mango cucumber salsa, cucumber mango salsa, easy mango salsa, mango salsa recipe, healthy mango cucumber salsa