This dairy-free chilled creamy cucumber soup is super fresh, tasty & healthy. It is packed with nutrients and it's very quick & easy to make. Prepare the ingredients, blend them in a high-speed blender, refrigerate and enjoy!
As the weather warms up, raw recipes can become your best friend. Why spend lots of time cooking by the stove, when you can eat raw foods that are delicious, healthy and super quick to prepare! My summertime philosophy is less time cooking and more time enjoying the great weather outdoors.
THIS CHILLED CREAMY CUCUMBER SOUP IS SUPER EASY & QUICK TO PREPARE
Made with raw ingredients, all you need is 10 minutes to prepare and a blender.
• Chop the cucumbers, onion & celery. Since they're going into the blender there is no need to finely dice them, however smaller pieces will allow for more space in the blender.
• Peel the garlic & ginger.
• Put all the ingredients into the blender & blend until smooth. You don't have a big blender? No problem at all! I make this soup in my nutribullet all the time! Blend the ingredients in batches and mix in a large bowl afterwards (the result will be exactly the same).
• Refrigerate in a glass jar overnight for optimal taste.
THE PERFECT SUMMER MEAL
Whether it is as a starter or main course, I am confident you will love this cold soup! It is refreshing, super tasty, and also light while filling. Green ingredients power that will make your skin glow!
Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (cucumber, celery, lime, ginger, garlic, onion and mint), healthy fats (avocado and coconut milk) and has a high water content.
If you want to make a hearty meal use toppings, to add protein and texture. My favourites are: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds & sunflower seeds. A boiled egg is great addition if you're not vegan.
Only takes 10 minutes to prepare and you can store it in a glass jar for up to 5 days in the fridge.
TIPS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Adjust the thickness of this soup by playing around with the amount of avocado. I find half medium avocado gives the perfect balance between too liquid and too thick but it's a matter of personal preference.
Don't love coconut milk? No worries because there is a great alternative if you're not dairy intolerant, which is greek yogurt. Bear in mind greek yogurt is a lot thicker and therefore the texture of the soup will be thicker too.
Use basil instead of mint. Both work amazingly well!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? LET’S STAY CONNECTED!
If you like this recipe please leave me a comment below, share it on Pinterest, tag me on Instagram, and follow me on socials! Instagram @bitesinthewild and Pinterest @bitesinthewild. This way you can stay up-to-date with my latest recipes and tips!Print
This dairy-free chilled creamy cucumber soup is super fresh, tasty & healthy. It is packed with nutrients and it is very quick & easy to make.
4 lebanese cucumbers
1 celery stalk
½ purple onion
½ avocado (medium size)
1 medium garlic clove
2cm cube ginger
1 lime juiced
1 cup of fresh mint
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- Chop the cucumbers, celery, onion and avocado. No need to finely dice, however smaller pieces will allow for more space in the blender.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate overnight for optimal taste.
- Serve cold and add toppings and a drizzle of olive oil to taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to five days.
- Toppings ideas: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, boiled egg.
Keywords: vegan cucumber soup, dairy free cucumber soup, chilled creamy cucumber soup, dairy free cucumber soup recipe, vegan creamy cucumber soup recipe, vegan summer cucumber soup,