You're about to learn how to make easy steamed rice. This recipe is completely foolproof! Success guaranteed, I promise! Gluten-free.
A well cooked rice is an amazing comforting side dish. I know it can seem too basic, but really this technique makes amazing rice!!
This recipe it's called "how to make easy steamed rice" for a reason! All you need is:
- Jasmine rice (or long grain rice)
- Star anise - this is optional, but I love the aroma it brings to the rice!
- Pinch of salt
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make steamed rice
In a small or medium pot, bring water to boil. Once the water is boiling add the rice, salt and star anise.
Stir well to combine, put the lid, and bring the heat to medium-high. Cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat, leave the lid on, and let it rest for another 6-10 minutes. Enjoy!!
Why you will love this easy steamed rice recipe
- It's super a easy and quick way to cook rice
- Super affordable and filling recipe
- Great comfort food to pair with curries
- Gluten free and vegan
You can store the leftover rice in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 3-4 days.
Top tip to make the best steamed rice!
Let the rice rest with the lid for 6-8 minutes if you like the rice more "al dente", or for 10 if you prefer the rice more cooked.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? LET’S STAY CONNECTED!
If you like this recipe please leave me a comment below, share it on Pinterest, tag me on Instagram, and follow me on socials! Instagram @bitesinthewild and Pinterest @bitesinthewild. This way you can stay up-to-date with my latest recipes and tips!Print
This quick and easy steamed rice recipe is completely foolproof! Success guaranteed, I promise! Gluten-free.
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 star anise (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Bring water to boil in a small or medium pot.
- Once it's boiling, add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Put the lid, bring the heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest with the lid for 6-10 minutes.
- Let the rice rest with the lid for 6-8 minutes if you like the rice more "al dente", or for 10 if you prefer the rice more cooked.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for upto 3-4 days.
Keywords: easy steamed rice, how to make steamed rice, quick and easy steamed rice, jasmine rice recipe, perfect steamed rice