This pulled pork rice bowl is super nourishing, tasty and hearty! It is a great way to use your leftover pulled pork, and it's perfect for meal prep. Gluten-free & dairy-free.
3/4 cup white rice
1 medium sweet potato diced
1 medium carrot peeled & grated
1/6 of purple cabbage thinly sliced
Juice of 1/4 lime
Drizzle of olive oil
1 cup of kidney beans drained
300g pulled pork
Fresh coriander chopped
- Boil the rice as per packet instructions.
- Roast the sweet potatoes: preheat the oven at 220 degree Celsius. Lay a baking tray with baking paper, and transfer the sweet potato cubes. Add a pinch of ground pepper and salt, and combine with the hands (optional to add a drizzle of olive oil too). Spread around the tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Prepare the coleslaw: in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, lime juice, drizzle of olive oil, ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Mash the avo: put the avocado in a small bowl, and mash with a fork. Optional to add a pinch of salt and lime juice.
- Prepare the pulled pork rice bowls in two plates: put the rice, kidney beans, coleslaw and sweet potatoes in a salad plate as per the photo. Each ingredient should take 1/4 of the plate. Add the smashed avo and onion pickles between the rice and the beans. Add the pulled pork on top in the middle of the plate. Finish off with some coriander and lime wedges.
- Be generous with the amount of pulled pork!
- Save the leftover coleslaw in the fridge
- A bit of sriracha mayo is a great addition – combine 3 tablespoon mayo + 2 teaspoon sriracha. Save the leftover in the fridge.
Keywords: pulled pork rice bowl, healthy pulled pork rice bowl, pulled pork burrito bowl