This healthy lemon coconut slice is incredibly moist, tasty, and easy to make! Made with two lemon layers, it is going to become one of your favourite treats! Only takes 15 minutes to prepare + it's gluten-free & dairy-free.
1 cup of pitted dates
1/3 cup of coconut oil melted
2 large organic eggs
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 cup of coconut flour
Zest of 1.5 medium lemons
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla essence
Lemon coconut cream topping
1/3 cup of thick coconut cream
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of honey
Make the lemon coconut base
- Preheat the oven in top & bottom baking mode at 180 degree Celsius.
- Using a food processor or food chopper, chop the dates along with the coconut oil, until the dates are finely chopped.
- Add the dates to a large mixing bowl, and whisk with the eggs. Add the chopped dates & coconut oil, and combine well. Stir the rest of the base ingredients and combine. The batter should be very thick.
- Add baking paper to a 25cm x 15cm tray, and transfer the batter to it. Spread evenly using a rubber spatula, and bake for 15 minutes. It should feel very moist & almost uncooked when you get it out!!
Make the lemon cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, until very smooth.
Top up with the lemon coconut cream
- If you want this lemon coconut slice extra moist: While the base is still hot, add half of the lemon cream on top, and spread evenly using a rubber spatula. The base will absorb most of the lemon cream. Let it cool completely, and then spread evenly the other half of the lemon cream. Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top, and cut in squares! Store in the fridge and eat cold.
- If you want the slice normal moist: Let the base cool down completely. Add the lemon cream topping and spread evenly using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top, and cut in squares! Store in the fridge and eat cold.
Due to the coconut cream, this lemon coconut slice must be stored in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. I also find it has a better texture when eaten cold.
I highly recommend using a brand new coconut cream to make this slice, to make it last for longer.
It's super important to not over-bake the base! Otherwise it will end up too dry. Bake in baking mode top & bottom, I do not recommend using the fan mode!
A thick canned coconut cream is a must, otherwise the lemon cream will be too runny.
Keywords: lemon coconut slice, healthy lemon coconut slice, dairy free lemon coconut slice, gluten free lemon coconut slice, easy lemon coconut slice, grain free lemon coconut slice