- 4 tbsp of coconut oil (liquid)
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup (adjust as desired)
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of puffed rice
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Make the cacao mixture: Add the coconut oil, maple syrup (see notes), cacao powder and vanilla extract to a small bowl. Stir to combine using a little spoon.
- Combine with the rice and bake: Lay a baking sheet or baking tray with parchment paper. Add the puffed rice and pour the cacao mixture on top. Combine well with your hands until all the rice is soaked with the cacao mixture. Press down with a spatula and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool: in the oven with the door slightly open. Once it's completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Increase the amount of maple syrup if necessary, until you reach the right amount of sweetness you are after. Be mindful of not adding too much as it will have a lot of sugar content and won't be that healthy.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month.
To make this recipe super simple, I've only used puffed rice cereal, however you can also play around with other ingredients! Nuts, seeds or other whole grains would work great.
Keywords: puffed rice cereal recipe, chocolate puffed rice cereal recipe, healthy rice cereal recipe, healthy rice krispies, crispy puffed rice cereal recipe